Valentine’s Day romance, a life-size Tyrannosaurus Rex and family-friendly activities are all coming to Warwickshire this February half term.
Members of Shakespeare’s England, the destination management organisation for South Warwickshire, are providing a host of activities to keep families busy during the holidays.
Children will be able to explore the cars of the future at the British Motor Museum with ‘FUTURE’ science shows every day and the family trail to find the missing pieces needed to fix the car.
Over Valentine’s Day, Stratford Butterfly Farm will be giving each visitor a marble heart to give to a loved one, in return for a green action promise, to encourage everyone to get involved with protecting the environment.
The mighty Tyrannosaurus Rex will come to FarGo Village in Coventry for the Teach Rex educational dinosaur show this half term, before families can create their own animated film at the Let’s Animate studio’s plasticine and stop-frame workshops, giving budding filmmakers a chance to create their own movie masterpiece.
And families can also step back in time with Shakespeare’s New Place and the new augmented reality Shakespeare XR experience, where today’s visitors can see inside the grand house where he lived with his family for the final 19 years of his life.
Helen Peters, CEO of Shakespeare’s England, said: “Warwickshire has plenty to offer this February half term, with lots of family-friendly events and offers to continue to bring visitors to the region to experience everything we have to offer.
“There’s also plenty of Valentine’s offers and events for those looking to treat their loved ones to something special and enjoy a romantic getaway.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming visitors to enjoy the exciting activities on offer as the perfect way to keep children and parents happy during the holidays.”
Here is the full list of activities and offers available:
- Warwick Castle – The UK’s only Medieval Festival of Archery is coming to Warwickshire with this brand-new show at Warwick Castle. Ten professional archers demonstrate their expert skills and you can even take a shot yourself at ‘Have a Go Archery’ – https://www.warwick-castle.com/
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace Trust – Conservation in Action, Shakespeare XR, Winter Storytime at Hall’s Croft, enjoy live theatre from Shakespeare Aloud and much more including the re-opening of Mary Arden’s Farm on Saturday, 14 March. For the full list of activities, visit www.shakespeare.org.uk
- Kenilworth Castle – Get Hands-On With History: Knights and Princesses – discover what it was like to live, work and fight in a real-life castle – https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/whats-on
- British Motor Museum – The Car. The Future. Me. Available from 15 February – 1 March and FUTURE science shows available every day at 11 am and 2:30 pm. https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/
- Dallas Burston Polo Club – Winter Polo Tournament, the Charlotte Trophy on Sunday, 23 February, for more information, visit https://dbpoloclub.com/ct/
- Coombe Abbey Hotel – Family-friendly half term package with B&B in a family room, complimentary three-course children’s menu and a children’s pack including chocolate, map, crayons, slippers and use of a fluffy robe or visit the Prince and Princess party! www.coombeabbey.com
- Stratford Butterfly Farm – Twice daily Meet the Mini-Beast handling sessions, where children can hold creatures such as a giant African millipede, African land snail and a variety of stick insects.
- Hallmark at the Welcombe – A Midsummer Night’s Tease – Valentine’s Special featuring The Voice’s Ivy Paige and performances to include comedy, magic, burlesque, hula hoop, singing and more starring some of the best burlesque and cabaret performers in the UK – www.midsummernightstease.com
- FarGo Village –Teach Rex on Sunday, 23 February or get animating at Let’s Animate’s workshops on Wednesday, 26 February and Thursday, 27 February – https://www.fargovillage.co.uk/whats-on/
- Royal Shakespeare Company – Dance Workshop with The Boy in the Dress’ Associate Choreographer Carl Harrison, Set and Costume design workshops, biscuit decorating with the RSC’s pastry chefs, the award-winning interactive exhibition The Play’s The Thing and so much more – https://www.rsc.org.uk/
- Fusilier Museum, Warwick – Family craft event on Wednesday, 19 February to make your own musical instrument – www.warwickfusiliers.co.uk
- Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall – the new Coven of Witches trail takes inspiration from the witches’ marks left on a wall in the Schoolroom, dating back to the 15th century. For tickets to the Schoolroom and Guildhall, visit www.shakespearesschoolroom.org
- Johnsons Coaches – Express Excursions for £22 per person to Clarks Shopping Village, Liverpool, Exeter, Manchester, Chester and Oxford throughout the half term – https://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/day-excursions/
- Baraset Barn – Discounted Prosseco every Thursday for only £16.95 per bottle, plus 2 for 1 pizza available for the family at the Orange Tree – https://www.barasetbarn.co.uk/offers-and-events
For more information on Shakespeare’s England and its members, visit https://shakespeares-england.co.uk/.